City temporarily closing Avalon Dog Park for improvements
A dog at an off leash park. (KARYN MULCAHY/CTV NEWS)
Published Friday, May 19, 2017 10:50AM CST
Dog owners who use Avalon Dog Park will have to make alternate arrangements for several weeks, the city is closing the park for improvements.
The closure will start on May 23 and the park will not reopen until July 1. The city says crews will use the time to develop more accessible pathways and improve park entry points.
In the meantime, Saskatoon’s other eight dog parks will still be open.
- Caswell – Avenue F North, south of 32nd Street
- Fred Mendel – Avenue W South and 17th Street West
- Hampton Village – North of 33rd Street, along Junor Avenue
- Hyde – Off Slimmon Road, along Boychuk Drive
- Pierre Radisson – Between 33rd Street and 32nd Street
- Silverwood – Adjacent to the northeast edges of Silverwood Golf Course
- Southwest – North of Cedar Villa Road
- Sutherland Beach – Accessed via grid road with entry off Central Avenue