Latest Videos from CTV Saskatoon
Woman remains in hospital after CO poisoning
Published Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:23AM CST
Last Updated Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:22AM CST
A 26-year-old woman remains in hospital following a carbon monoxide leak at a home west of Saskatoon earlier this week.
The woman’s 29-year-old fiance died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
A relative discovered the couple unconscious in their Asquith area home Tuesday.
Now, SaskEnergy is issuing a warning to residents on how to avoid a similar tragedy.
The utility company says crews detected what they called extreme levels of carbon monoxide caused by a malfunctioning boiler when they were called to the home.
SaskEnergy says people should ventilate your home on occasion, even during harsh winter stretches, and should get their furnace checked annually.