Saskatoon house fire caused by 'careless disposal of smoking material'

The careless disposal of "smoking material" on the front step caused a house fire in the 200 Block of Clarence Avenue South on Tuesday night. (Saskatoon Fire Department) The careless disposal of "smoking material" on the front step caused a house fire in the 200 Block of Clarence Avenue South on Tuesday night. (Saskatoon Fire Department)

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

Celebrations, protests take place on Canada Day in Ottawa

Thousands of people wearing red and white and waiving Canadian flags packed downtown Ottawa to celebrate Canada's 155th birthday on Friday, while groups of protesters popped up around Parliament Hill to protest COVID-19 vaccines and federal restrictions.

Wellington Street in front of Parliament Hill on Friday evening, as Canadians celebrated Canada's 155th birthday. (Jeremie Charron/CTV News Ottawa)