Overheated grease sparked townhouse fire: Saskatoon Fire Department
(Provided by Saskatoon Fire Department)
SASKATOON -- A fire that damaged a Saskatoon townhouse Sunday night, started in its kitchen according to Saskatoon Fire Department (SFD).
Around 7:15 p.m. Sunday, the department received a 911 call reporting a kitchen fire inside a home in the 300 block of Berini Drive, SFD said in a news release.
Upon arrival, firefighters advanced a hoseline into the kitchen to extinguish the fire while paramedics checked the home's lone occupant for injuries, SFD said.
A fire investigator determined overheated grease was responsible for the fire which resulted in an estimated $7,500 in damage. No one was hurt.