Latest Videos from CTV Saskatoon
Nelly Furtado Contest
Published Friday, January 11, 2013 10:09AM CST
NELLY FURTADO: Spirit Indestructible Tour
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
January 14th, 2013 – 6 to 9 a.m. CT
1. TO ENTER the NELLY FURTADO: SPIRIT INDESTRUCTIBLE TOUR contest (the “Contest”), watch CTV Morning Live on Channel 9 on the local cable or satellite channel in your area on Monday, January 14th, 2013 from 6:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) to 9:00 a.m. CT, to view the Contest announcement shown during the program telling viewers to call in for a chance to win (the “Announcement”). When you hear the Announcement, call CTV Saskatoon’s contest line toll free at 1-866-715-1207 (the “Contest Line”) to submit your entry. All entries must include your first and last name and ten digit day time and evening telephone numbers. In conducting the Contest, the Contest Sponsor’s representative managing the Contest Line has the full and absolute discretion to disqualify a potential Prize winner who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard by the Contest Sponsor’s representative, as determined by the Contest Sponsor’s representative at his/her sole discretion, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any caller so disqualified. There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) and two (2) secondary prizes (each a “Secondary Prize”) (collectively, the Grand Prize and the Secondary Prize shall be referred to as the "Prizes", and each a “Prize”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one (1) Prize per household. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received following the Announcement and before the end of the Contest Period. The Contest opens at 6:00 a.m. CT on January 14th, 2013 and ends at 9:00 a.m. CT on January 14th, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Saskatchewan and be 18 years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Grand Prize - There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of two (2) tickets to the Nelly Furtado Concert at the Odeon Event Centre, Saskatoon on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. CT and a “Meet and Greet” opportunity with Nelly Furtado before the event. Seat selection at Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets are subject to issuing company’s terms and conditions. The “Meet and Greet” is subject to Nelly Furtado’s schedule and availability. In the event that it is not possible for the “Meet and Greet” to take place for any reason, the Contest Sponsor will be in no way responsible and no substitution will be provided in lieu thereof. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize $150.00 Cdn (the “Meet and Greet” opportunity does not have a value).
5. Secondary Prizes - There are two (2) Secondary Prizes each consisting of two (2) tickets the Nelly Furtado Concert at the Odeon Event Centre, Saskatoon on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. CT. Seat selection at Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets are subject to issuing company’s terms and conditions. Approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is $150.00 Cdn.
6. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
7. On Monday, January 14th, 2013 at approximately 10:00 a.m. CT a draw for the Prizes will take place at CTV in Saskatoon. The first entry selected in the course of the draw will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The second and third entries draw in the course of the draw will each be deemed a Secondary Prize winner. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the each potential Prize winner to notify the potential winners they may have won a Prize by telephone within one (1) business day after the draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within one (1) business day, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable Prize, accepts the applicable Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the applicable Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Noon on January 17, 2013.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.