Latest Videos from CTV Saskatoon
Homes evacuated after natural gas leak in Stonebridge area
The Saskatoon Fire Department says several buildings had to be evacuated after a trenching machine hit a natural gas line (Supplied: Saskatoon Fire Department)
Published Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:50PM CST
Last Updated Sunday, July 16, 2017 6:34PM CST
Several homes in the Stonebridge area were evacuated after a natural gas leak on Sunday afternoon.
The Saskatoon Fire Department was called to the 1200 block of Pringle Way at 3:00 p.m. According to the fire department, crews discovered that a trenching machine had hit a natural gas line at the back of a multi-family complex.
Crews assessed wind conditions in the area and evacuated 10 homes that were in the path of the gas. SaskEnergy was able to stop the flow of natural gas within 45 minutes.
Once the gas flow was stopped, residents were able to return to their homes.