Woman remains in hospital after CO poisoning
Published Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:23AM CST
Last Updated Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:22AM CST
A 26-year-old woman remains in hospital following a carbon monoxide leak at a home west of Saskatoon earlier this week.
The woman’s 29-year-old fiance died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
A relative discovered the couple unconscious in their Asquith area home Tuesday.
Now, SaskEnergy is issuing a warning to residents on how to avoid a similar tragedy.
The utility company says crews detected what they called extreme levels of carbon monoxide caused by a malfunctioning boiler when they were called to the home.
SaskEnergy says people should ventilate your home on occasion, even during harsh winter stretches, and should get their furnace checked annually.
One man died and a woman remains in hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at this building near Asquith.