Latest Videos from CTV Saskatoon
Students taken to hospital with suspected CO exposure
Published Monday, December 10, 2012 3:44PM CST
Last Updated Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:06PM CST
Fifteen students from St. Joseph High School in Saskatoon were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure Monday after suspected exposure to carbon monoxide.
A total of 58 people were assessed by paramedics at the scene.
The call came in around lunch time that there was a student with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Then, a number of students in the school's industrial arts area complained of similar symptoms.
Saskatoon Fire and Protective Services checked the air in the school with monitors. The highest reading they found was five parts per million – similar to the level you might find in a hallway from someone smoking a cigarette.
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools said temporary carbon monoxide detectors will be installed in the building for Tuesday to monitor the situation.