Rita McNeil contest
Published Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:49AM CST
Last Updated Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:32PM CST
CTV MORNING LIVE EDITION
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TO ENTER the CTV Noon Edition contest (“Contest”), watch the television broadcast of the “CTV Morning Live Edition” on CTV, Saskatoon Channel 8, Cable 9, or on the local cable channel in your area on the Contest Date as herein defined, look for the Contest spot and call Saskatoon 1-866-717-1207 on the Contest Date(s) during the broadcast described above to qualify for the prize (the “Prize”). All entries must include the entrant’s first and last name and ten digit day time telephone number. Limit of one Prize per family per household during any three (3) month period. Only one call per unique phone number will be permitted. No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Void where prohibited
2. The Contest Sponsors are as defined in Schedule “A” attached.
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Saskatchewan and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of, or members of the immediate family of, or persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and promotional agencies, are ineligible.
4. PRIZE: The Prize is as described on Schedule “A” attached.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable.
6. In order to be declared a winner the eligible entrant must be the specified numbered caller and correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by BellMedia Inc.. BellMedia Inc.., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner, or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone within one (1) business day following the close of the Contest. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within one (1) business day following the close of the Contest, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. In order to be awarded the Prize, potential winner must sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor(s) to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor(s) from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor(s) shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and select an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor(s) shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the skill level of the entrant, as applicable.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor(s) with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor(s) who assume no responsibility for garbled, in audible, lost, late or delayed entries. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Contest Rules by mail or requesting names of Prize winner(s) (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor(s) does/do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor(s), in its/their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its/their control, Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right in its/their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it/they find(s) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor(s) for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor(s) will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor(s) should be addressed to CTV Morning Live Edition Phone in Contest, c/o 216 First Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3W3.
(to Official Rules and Regulations of the CTV Morning Live Edition Phone-in Contest)
Contest Date(s): December 13 and 14, 2012
Contest Sponsor(s): BellMedia Inc.
There will be one (1) prize (the “Prize”) awarded on each Contest Date. The Prize consists of two (2) tickets to the Rita MacNeil concert on December 18, 2012 at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Approximate retail value of each Prize is one hundred and twenty-five dollars ($125.00 CDN). Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including but not limited to transportation to and from the event.