House fire sparked by children playing with lighter
A house fire Sunday caused an estimated $150,000 damage to a home on Coy Avenue.
Published Monday, December 3, 2012 8:19AM CST
Last Updated Monday, December 3, 2012 8:20AM CST
Children playing with a lighter are being blamed for a fire that caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to a Saskatoon house Sunday.
Fire crews were called just before 10:30 a.m. to a home in the 1400 block of Coy Avenue where they found heavy smoke and a fire in a basement bedroom.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze but had to stay on scene for an extended period to extinguish spot fires. A thermal imaging camera was used to ensure the fire was out.
A woman, her three children and two dogs escaped safely without injury because a smoke detector alerted them of the danger, Saskatoon Fire and Protective Services said in a news release.
A house fire Sunday morning in Saskatoon resulted in an estimated $150,000 damage.
A house fire Sunday is believed to have been caused by children playing with a lighter.