February 25, 2013 - April 01, 2013
1. TO ENTER the Western Canada Lotteries - Best of the West Contest (the "Contest") simply visit the web site located at edmonton.ctvnews.ca, or saskatoon.ctvnews.ca, or regina.ctvnews.ca, or calgary.ctvnews.ca, or winnipeg.ctvnews.ca click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the site. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age, ten digit day time and evening telephone number and a maximum 25 word essay, in English, describing "What you think is the best thing about living in the West". Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 1:00 p.m. Central Standard Time ("CST") on Monday, February 25, 2013 and closes on Monday, April 01, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. CST (the "Contest Period"). There is one (1) grand prize (the "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Western Canada Lotteries Inc (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsors").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, residing in either Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories or Nunavut, and be the age of majority or older in his/her province or territory of residence. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. In addition: (i) WCLC lottery retailers; (ii) the directors and officers of WCLC lottery retailers; (iii) the employees and independent contractors of WCLC lottery retailers who are engaged in "Lottery Activities" as part of their work duties or who directly supervise other employees or independent contractors that are engaged in "Lottery Activities"; are ineligible to participate in the Contest. For the purposes of these official rules and regulations ("Rules") "Lottery Activities" means any activity related to the design, production, manufacture, distribution, sale, prize payment, regulation, or investigation of lottery tickets. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of one (1) or more trip packages for the winner (and the winner's travelling companion(s) if applicable) to a destination within the geography of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories or Nunavut as selected by the winner, booked through a travel agency as selected by the Contest Sponsors at their discretion, to a maximum total value (including taxes) at time of booking, of $10,000 Cdn, which may consist of, but is not limited to, a combination of travel, accommodation, transportation, tours. All trip packages must be booked at the same time. If the total value of the trip package(s) booked by the winner is less than $10,000 Cdn but more than $6,000, the total value of the Prize will be the amount of the trip package(s) as booked and the difference shall be paid to the winner by cheque for incidentals. If the total value of the trip package(s) booked by the winner is less than $ $6,000, the total value of the Prize will be the amount of the trip package(s) as booked and the winner shall not be entitled to payment of the difference. The following conditions and/or restrictions apply to the Prize: all booking and travel arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through a travel agency selected by the Contest Sponsors at their discretion. The winner (and his/her travelling companion(s) if applicable) is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described in the booked trip package(s). The Prize must be redeemed in full before August 31, 2014. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash except as set out above. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after Monday, April 8, 2013 at approximately 4:00 p.m. CST, a random draw for the Prize will take place at CTV Edmonton from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner by telephone within five (5) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification, age and residency must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner (and his/her travelling companion(s) if applicable) will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner (and his/her travelling companion(s) if applicable), beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner's (and his/her travelling companion(s)' if applicable) participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner (and his/her travelling companion(s) if applicable) do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later then Wednesday, April 22, 2013.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 18520 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1A8.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.